Friday 20 February 2009

Grey Phalarope at Marazion

This little Grey Phalarope (known as a Red Phalarope when in it's stunning Breeding colours) was at Marazion beach on the 17th of January.It really did show well, allowing relatively close photography.Generally Grey Phalarope spend the winter in the Atlantic, they usually appear on the coast during a storm and I understand that they are sometimes known as storm birds.

Ironically, on this day I left my camera at home, so the following images are shared between Lisa, Alan and myself (when I managed to prize the camera out of Lisa's hands).
Lisa won the Cornwall birding (what a web site) first monthly Photography competition with the first picture, a shot of the bird taking off .

Marazion is a fine place for photography just check out the swoptics blog for Steve's pic s at Marazion.













1 comment:

  1. Great pics and well done on Cornwall birding photography competition.

    ReplyDelete