Tuesday 31 March 2009

Stithians Reservoir

My first visit to Stithians Reserve was to-day 31st of March , and I may have been an April fool to choose today to go to Stithians, as in my home town we had an Alpine Swift.Ah well it wasn't to be and as usual I always miss the migrants .
What an excellent place Stithians is, and all down to the valiant efforts of the CBWPS Warden. The following photo's are all from the Southern cut-off hide and are only of the regular sitings but intriguing to me as I haven't seen a Bullfinch in ages, and the snipe has been a target bird to photograph .Also the water rail even only fleetingly was great to see and photograph. Part two of this blog will be tomorrow (hopefully) as I took some photo's of a major disagreemant between three coots. A blow by blow account. Click on the images to enlarge

Water Rail

Reed Bunting Bull Finch
Snipe





4 comments:

  1. I just love the idea of photographing a snipe on April Fool's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots of the Snipe. It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday at Stithians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam sorry forgot to mention the other day ,Stithians would be nothing without Simon the Greatest Warden.
    John.

    ReplyDelete