Two Wood sandpiper and two Greenshank at Stithians today. The last shot is the Green Shank and the rest are Wood Sandpiper. I was fortunate that the Wood Sandpipers did a fly around for me.
Sam and Lisa are keen photographers with a particular interest in birds and wildlife in Cornwall. We have always been interested in photography but the improvements to digital cameras have renewed our interest. We hope you will enjoy viewing our photo blog!
Our equipment is as follows: I shoot with a Nikon D300 and D800e Camera and my lenses are a 300mm F/2.8 VR, 2.0 x Nikon Teleconverter,300 to 800mm Sigma Zoom and an 18 -200mm Nikon Zoom. Lisa has a Nikon D90 with HD Video capabilities and the 18-105mm Nikon Zoom. She also commandeers my lenses when needed! I shoot always in RAW format....
Seawatching highlights during 2023
-
SEAWATCHING in Cornwall is my main interest in birding, mainly because the
county lends itself perfectly to an incredible passage of seabirds and a
its ...
NEWLYN HARBOUR AND STITHIANS RESERVOIR.
-
*JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE, THE WEATHER HAS BEEN*
*DREADFUL BUT THANKFULLY, VERY LITTLE FLOODING *
*COMPARED TO SOME PARTS OF THE COUNTRY.*
*I DID GET TO N...
Duke of Burgundy Butterflys
-
First post for a while but I have been out and about when both weather and
work permits. These are a few of my images of some Duke of Burgundy
Butterfl...
Purple Emperor. Bentley Wood.04/07/2015
-
Travelled from Cornwall to Bentley Wood which straddles Hampshire and
Wiltshire in search of the enigmatic Purple Emperor butterfly. We were very
fortuna...
RSPB's Marshside reserve gets new lease of life
-
After 20 years of successful partnership with Sefton Council, the RSPB is
celebrating a new 99-year lease of the RSPB’s Marshside reserve, in
Merseyside. T...
Scotland Trip 2014
-
Here are a few images from my week in the Cairngorms back in May. I haven't
properly sorted and edited all the images yet so I will post any additional
ima...
New Windmill Farm blog.
-
Here's the new blog, created by Dougy, the warden:
http://windmillfarmgates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/well-here-i-am.html?showComment=1354997572652#c5407549418...
Great set Sam, looks like they were quite close for you, unless you have invested in big glass?
ReplyDeleteNice captures! Really like the flight shots.
ReplyDeletenice photo
ReplyDeleteAll stunners Sam,well done Mate.
ReplyDeleteLovely shots. Hope to back in September, hope to meet you out Birdwatching.
ReplyDeleteGreat images Sam
ReplyDelete