Monday 29 March 2010

Chiff Chaff And Martin

Bad weather again today, the old phrase that March comes in like a Lion and out like a Lamb appears to be the wrong way around this year. As it cleared away around five pm today I walked the dog and the binoculars. I couldn't quickly put my hand on the compact so out I went without it. If only I new a stunning male hen harrier would pose for me about 20 metres away what sublime views I had of it floating on air as it hunted the field in front of me for 3 to 4 minutes. So with the same odds of winning the Lottery it would hang around I ran home ( in the car) and got the camera. You got it, no Hen Harrier so I walked on down to the good old waste disposal and photographed this new in Chiff Chaff and my first House Martin for the year, and that was a challenge!!






9 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I always really like the in-flight pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Chiff Chaff photos. The only bird call I know and remember from my UK holidays. Your LBJ's are always a visiting birder's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb images Sam - shame about the harrier though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good images Sam lots of detail in the second chiff chaff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fresh Chiff chaff,nice action shots.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Chiffy pics. Still waiting for House Martins here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one Sam the House Martin shots are great , Pity about the Hen Harrier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Chiff Chaff pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice consolation prizes Sam. Pity about the Harrier.

    ReplyDelete