Sunday 18 April 2010

Savi's Warbler

The previous post was short and sweet as I have been busy bird watching thankfully . I have been spending some time at Marazion , lunch time and evenings watching the reserve. The Whimbrel numbers are building up but I am yet to see them on the reserve. Thursday produced 9 White Wagtails with three more coming in off the sea, new arrivals I presume. The highlight of the weekend was the Savis Warbler at Marazion and thanks to John Swann who put me onto it and informing me of its behaviour. I arrived about 5.00pm Saturday afternoon and stayed on until dusk, the Savi's showed just after the sun dropped below the horizon and gave good views for a couple of minutes, this is when you realise the benefit of good optics. See information on the Savi's Warbler here Savi's Warbler (Locustella luscinioides)

No comments:

Post a Comment